Saturday, April 14, 2007

I always thought . . .

And I always thought blogging was easy, no way is it easy. I mean I just started and can't keep up. I'm liking the whole experience thing, but my computer got a "disease" and when I got it fixed I figured I'd post something on Friday, come Friday my employers who I think would shame Hitler himself in their wickedness "ordered" me to spend the whole day at a seminar, well at least the location was amazing I hadn't been to that resort before and the food was good. So I am tired, and taking Saturday off.

Met this lady at the seminar, Austrian. Seemed like she had done her fair share of traveling around the world and said that the UAE is one of the worst with traffic, tell me about it. Apparently she worked at the transportation Department in Austria and was appalled at the conditions here. She wanted to know why with so much resources nothing was being done, "no planning at all" she says. I told her oh there's planning, lots of it, come back in a couple of years and you'll see a metro in place. "Metro's gonna give you bull shit" she says, I had to remind her that we had camels in the sand land and regretfully no bulls. I asked her why she said that and she said for public transport to work, the network had to be amazing, according to her experience what is being planned for Dubai is not gonna do any good. And here I was hoping the roads will be open for me to drive around on, tut tut, we don't always get what we want do we.

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Good morning: Thanks for visiting my blog. I agree...I'm new at this and it's consuming me...I want to post every day....Hey I have another life too.
Nice to have a new blog friend.

Radha said...

I've seen worse traffic than Dubai: in Bangkok !
But I think things shd improve (may not be a drastic difference) with the metro coming in

Lotus Reads said...

Everytime I go back to Dubai on a visit I am appalled by how bad the traffic has become...just when you think it cannot possibly get any worse, it does!